Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WHO does that!?!?!

It's been a TOUGH couple of days with my kiddos...I'm struggling with patience...I'm struggling with their choices...I'm having a hard time with the whining...with the LACK of please's and thank you's...I'm just having a HARD time with them.
Well this morning/early afternoon wasn't much better. I was frustrated...I was annoyed...I was ANGRY...and taking it all out on the poor kids :(. It was bad...and one thing they chose not to listen to me about...led to a few more BAD things happening and affecting them and their friends...WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!?!?! Ugh...
Anyways...it's been tough...(not uncommon in the life of a mom though right!?!?!)...well my GREAT hubby texted and said he was on his way home for lunch...FINALLY relief!!! Even though it was only 1 p.m...and they would take naps...but!?!?! Anyways...Ryan was coming HOME...even if it's just an hour...it a break and a relief for me!!!
So he gets home...asks if I need to go somewhere...I say NO...(kinda snotty and rude like)...and then the kids continue whining, fighting, and complaining about ANYTHING in sight. I had it...I grabbed my purse and keys and water...and said..."I'LL BE BACK"...kids were crying more and wondering where I was going...whatever!!! 

Well there...I left...I had a break...I had thoughts about what to do...go to In 'N Out and get a shake...go to McD's and get lunch...go to the grocery store and get treats...go drive around and waste gas...(you notice how the majority of my thoughts were about sweets, candy, and FOOD?? YUCK)...well I didn't do any of that...
Next thing I knew I found myself driving to the Jr. High track (where we usually go walking in the mornings, but didn't today)...I got out and was DETERMINED to run some...(not a normal thing for me)...I got to the track...walked a half lap...then ran...well jogged. But I did it...I jogged/walked a whole mile...4 times around the track. Jogging 2 1/2 of those laps...and walking 1 1/2!!! I was happy with myself...sweat and all...apparently I NEEDED to burn off some steam and frustration!?!?! It felt GREAT...and it showed me I CAN do it...I CAN jog...I CAN get to running...I CAN DO IT!!! 
But who does that!?!?! NOT ME a year ago...but now I'll do that instead of getting a shake!!! Yay me!!!

5 comments:

Felisha said...

Do you want to sign up for a 5K anytime soon? I'll do it with you!

Unknown said...

Great job Becki! Way to make the right choice! It is harder to do when you are upset, but you did it and should be proud of yourself. :)

Party of Five said...

That is SO AWESOME!!!!! I am so proud of you and the HUGE strides you are making. It takes a lot of effort, but I can see the change- good for you!

Roberts Family said...

Great Job Becki! Mmmm, now that you mention shake that does sound so good right now, nevermind, I've had a few of those days, poor Keith comes home through the door and gets a hello and goodbye all in one sentence as I pass him. ;-( Sometimes we just need that though and it's good to go and do something physical rather than being physical with our kids right? ;-)

fREnCh TrOSt said...

Hey Becky! I hope your back is feeling better, thanks for letting me sub your class last night, I had so much fun! But everyone really missed you. Thanks for being such an inspiration, you're the best! Emily