Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New found DESIRE...DETERMINATION...and MOTIVATION...

So...we've made some changes to our family vacation this year...because of cost, reality, family thoughts, and more...we've decided to go home to Minnesota this summer instead of going to San Diego. I kind of got a prideful, stubborn side when it came to vacations, because I get upset that my family doesn't come out here and see me...so I told Ryan..."I am NOT going home this year, until someone comes to see us"....well. Then we figured out what we would like to do...started adding up costs...and realized it's REALLY expensive. Then with Ryan's Grandma passing away last week...it helped us realize that we need to take advantage of the times we CAN go see family and spend time with them. My kids and hubby haven't been to MN in 2 years...and the kids have grown a LOT since the summer of 2010...so it's about time for us to go back!!!

ANYWAYS...that's our plan...and with this plan...comes another realization to me...that I have FAILED on my goals, desires, and hopes of being healthier, skinnier, and better off!!! I have kind of "given up" I guess you could say the last couple months...and it's not fun. I'm putting on pounds again...(not a lot)...but still some. My "SMALL" pants I was able to wear...and now too tight...so I'm not "slim" like I was before...SO...it's time to kick it into gear. I have 6-7 weeks until we go to Minnesota. I have enough time to do a challenge and get some of my goals reached. 

SO....like this picture/magnet says..."Wish it....Dream it...DO IT"....I will be DOING IT...

I'm going to step it up with eating...I'm cutting back on sugars and sweets...no more snacking when I want like I've fallen back into. I'm going to be drinking Shakeology more often again for meals...I'm going to be making healthier meals and making more positive/healthier choices when I'm hungry. I will get rid of this stomach if it takes everything out of me!!! I HAVE TO!!!

As for exercise...I'm still doing good with my exercise...I mean I'm not still doing Slim in 6 right now...BUT I am going to start up again...a friend of mine has Insanity and is going to let me borrow it to try it out...so I'm PUMPED about that!!! We'll see where it takes me and how I do...BUT...I WILL DO IT!!! 

So...here we go...we are leaving July 21st for Minnesota...and by that time I want to be smaller and slimmer and happier then I am NOW!!! Here's to wishing me luck...who wants to do it too!!! :) :) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can do it Becki I know you can!

Amber said...

I will, what do you want me to do? I have an app on my iTouch thats called my fitness pal. Its awesome for tracking calories. you can even scan in barcodes from whatever you are eating. Super convenient!
love you
Amber

Becky said...

6 weeks is plenty of time to lose inches and pounds. Do the Insanity, do the Slim in 6 and choose Strawberries instead of cookies (berries are on sale at Winco). I've found that the workout dvds give me a better burn and work more areas in my body than if I am just on my eliptical or just doing yoga. Stay positive!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

I'm with you!!