Thursday, June 21, 2012

The last 2 weeks...

Man oh man...has it been a CrAzY couple of weeks...we have been all over the place...run, run, running it seems...and seriously SO exhausted...emotionally, physically, and mentally. We've had a couple days to re-coop now...but it has been QUITE a couple of weeks...

It started last week by heading to St. George, UT (way down south)...where we had the double funeral for Great-Grandma/Grandpa Jones...it was a TOUGH time...it was a wonderful funeral...(if they can be wonderful)...and it's great knowing they're still together...but during that trip, the majority of the family got sick...there was little sleep that happened...LOTS of tears and emotions...and LOTS of swimming/sunshine. Not to mention it was HOT HOT HOT down there...about 100 degrees all 3 days we were there... 
Then came this week...Ryan's youngest brother, Matthew, has chosen to go on a mission for our church...he will be serving for 2 years in the Chile Osorno Mission...and had to report to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on Wednesday afternoon. So Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday were family days...and even MORE emotion...
He's an AMAZING kid...and such an example to all of us. It was a lot harder to say good-bye to him then I realized it would be. So there again...a LOT of emotions and tears!!

So...I guess the reason I'm writing this post is...to say I am officially re-committing...I have turned into a VERY emotional eater, non-eater, lazy-exerciser...just NOT what I want to be. I've fallen into a funk...and a slump...and I NEED to get out. I know I am a LOT happier when I exercise and eat better...I know it's best for me...and I know I need it...

SO...here goes. I have a friend who has the INSANITY dvd's and is letting me borrow them...so I will be starting those...I KNOW it'll kick my butt...but I need it!!! I will be re-thinking my eating/food choices...because I KNOW that the only way to get rid of my tummy pooch is to change my nutrition...so here goes.

RE-COMMITING...because I NEED to improve and get back on track. I'm not happy with myself lately...I'm not excited when I look in the mirror...and I do NOT want to stay in this funk...I MUST get out...for myself, for my family, and for my health. I NEED it!!!

Wish me luck...keep me accountable...and keep me motivated...I continue to see other peoples results and continuing accomplishments...and I WANT THAT...so I will do it!!! 

When I got to Ryan's parents house on Tuesday night...I walked out the back door in the dress I have on in the pictures above...and Matthew (Ryan's brother) said to me..."Wow...that's a nice dress"...it was one of the SWEETEST things I've heard from him...and as nice as the compliment was...I don't feel that way when I see myself in it. I WILL make that dress look even nicer!!! Because I deserve it!!!

So here's the start of a whole new journey...again!!! I CAN DO IT!!

1 comment:

Camille Spence said...

Get my fitness pal and add me!! That has wsy way way helped me be more accountable for what I eat and getting at least SOME physical activity in there every day...that way I can log it and have some extra leeway on my calories every day. I've lost almost six pounds since starting it about a month ago (however, I still attribute a lot of that to breast feeding. It burns a lot for me, so it's been helping a ton).