Sunday, July 14, 2013

I'm BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!

Well...LONG time no blogging huh...

Now that it's been an entire YEAR...I figured no better time then now to start again...cuz I NEED it.
I've been REALLY slacking the last few months...and yes as much as I can say, "I just had a baby"...it's been 3+ months now!! Ugh...

Anyways...here's a quick recap of the last year for me, because it's been a whirlwind of a year...plenty of trials, emotions, hormones, depression issues, happy times, learning moments, and blessings. But for me lately the hard times/trials REALLY out weigh the happy times.

SOOOO....last July...I went to an AMAZING week of Girls Camp with our ward Young Women...then we headed to Minnesota for our family vacation for 2 weeks. Which ended up being 3 weeks for the kids & I...it was SO hard to be away from Ryan. Kudos to those wives who do it on their own cuz I could NOT. Then came August...we were prepping and getting ready for Klous to start Kindergarten....oh the emotions that came along with that!!! I had some MAJOR anxiety and nerves about it...but they started lasting longer then I had expected them to...and while having other symptoms and thoughts...we decided I may as well pee on a pregnancy test. After FOUR pregnancy tests being POSITIVE...there was no denying that was part of my issue. Yes I had anxiety also...but morning sickness was adding to it too.
This was quite a shock to us...a happy one...but a big surprise. I had planned on starting Insanity the beginning of September...but after contemplating it...I didn't think it would be good to my body or my baby growing!! So I put it off and thought, I'll do that AFTER I have the baby...so that started my SLOW SLOW SLOW time of exercising and being healthy anymore. I was sick...I was tired...I was hormonal...I was exhausted...so I stopped doing things I should've still done. I did continue to go to Zumba which was a HUGE help and strength to me!!!
In September...well that was a challenging month. The depression and self worth and my abilities were REALLY questioned this month. I lost some weight with the pregnancy because of it. :( It's always a challenge to think happy thoughts or be positive about yourself when you get an "anonymous" letter in the mail stating what an AWFUL person you are and everything you've done wrong to people. It sucked...and I can't imagine how ANYONE could be so incredibly hurtful, rude, and unkind....and then NOT put their name to it. That sounds like a true coward to me...if you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all. (That's what I was taught at least)...
So throughout September, October, and into November/December I really struggled with my thoughts and myself and those around me. Wondering what I really was thought of...how people felt...and what the point was in me being around. Not the greatest time of my life, that's for sure.
Come the beginning of the year, I had mostly overcome that stupid letter and realizing there was NO truth to it and that people really did still love me and care about me. But I still had the depressing thoughts...seasonal depression set in too...and the hormones of pregnancy were NO good to me. I shut down...I did a LOT of emotional eating...or didn't eat at all...I wouldn't go places, I didn't open my blinds or windows...I just didn't want to see anyone of talk to anyone. So then came time to go to the Dr for some help...AGAIN...everything added together was causing some pretty scary thoughts and scenarios...so Ryan convinced me it was best to get some help...I did it grudgingly!!!!
The next few months were ok...and the ending of my pregnancy. I was still going to Zumba and trying to stay happy. Through my entire pregnancy, I only gained 4 pounds...it was a mixture of still exercising AND the depression issues I think!?!?! Cause I've always gained 15-20 with my other 3...so!?!?!? Not the healthiest pregnancy...but I was still active and trying.

Then came April 8th...when we welcomed our BEAUTIFUL baby girl, Ayzlee Rebecca. She is definitely another princess in our family...and is LOVED and ADORED by her siblings and parents!!! Funny how things work out and how things fall into place after time. It was no coincidence that she was supposed to come when she did!!!

Here's Ayzlee with the proud brothers & sister!!!

 

Our beautiful princess herself!!!

 
THIS is a picture I love!!! I felt SO skinny and happy with myself then...my tummy was flatter and didn't have a baby in it...and I felt comfortable again!!! (minus the after birth pains!!!)


Then come 3 months later....and I'm NOT real impressed or happy with myself...I've let myself go again...my chins have come back...my gut is bigger then when I got prego...and my clothes aren't fitting like I want.

 
Check out that NASTY gut on me...yuck...(and no that's not our baby...that's our niece!! Our baby is with us above!!!)

 
So here I sit...upset with where I'm at. Depressed and down about things happening in my life that I can't seem to get a handle on. Which then I give into emotional eating and JUNK food. My meals for the last 2 months have seriously consisted of...cold cereal, PB m&m's, cherry coke, an occasional wrap or deli meat sandwich, mac n' cheese, PB m&m's, cherry coke, PB m&m's, apple juice, PB m&m's...it's AWFUL...I haven't even stood on the scale since right after having Ayzlee BECAUSE I'm worried about what the number will say. YUCK...When I had her and came home...I stood on it and was at 164 I think...which I only got up to 191 when I was prego...SO...I was very happy with that number. BUT now here I sit...well over what I want to be at I'm sure...and grossed out by myself...sick of feeling like CRAP...tired of being tired...and sick of being depressed and negative about everything. I know medicine can help...but I also know...through personal experience...that exercise and being healthy can help too....
 
SO....it's time to step up...time to start...time to do better...and time to start fresh...no better time then the present right!!! So here's to a new day...a new week...a new start. Slim in 6 here I come...better food choices, here I come...and eventually I WILL work up to doing Insanity!!! I WILL do it...wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Good luck! Have you looked into any gyms with kids clubs there? That might help...you get a break from your kids in the daytime, and exercising earlier in the day helps your eating choices.

I'm heartbroken for your struggles in the past year. As I am positive your friends from all times of your life tell you, you are one of the best, most loving, funny, happy, honest people and moms that I know. Maybe they sent the letter to the wrong person, ever think of that? :)

Love you, girl!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

You are AMAZING!!! I am so proud of you for being so candid and facing things head on! Remember you have a neighbor and friend just across the street who LOVES you and understands!! USE ME!!! (And continue to inspire me, because once this baby is born, I want to JOIN you in your awesome weight loss efforts!!!)