Thursday, April 26, 2012

Falling off...and getting back on...AGAIN :)


Ok friends...it's been a LONG time since I've posted...and I can feel it :( I've kinda fallen off the "ambitious" band-wagon...and gotten distracted with life, nice weather, craziness, and ok...just LIFE!!! 

This cartoon made me laugh...


I've been trying to figure things out in my head and life again...trying to get the motivation back...the excitement back...and the desire to KEEP GOING back. I've gotten kinda "bored" I guess with Slim in 6...and pretty much just gave up and quit. I finished my goals and program...but then I just stopped. I've been walking/jogging...doing Zumba...and going to the weight room at the Rec Center still...BUT I haven't been consistent daily...and doing what I KNOW works. :( 
I talked to some people at the Rec center and friends who work out also...and honestly got discouraged in a way when they told me again and again that weight loss is 80% DIET...and the rest is exercise and genetics or whatever...

EIGHTY PERCENT....80%....that is what it takes...DIET DIET DIET...EATING EATING EATING...NUTRITION NUTRITION NUTRITION...the biggest struggle I have. I have definitely done BETTER then I would in the past...BUT...I'm not doing as great as I should. 

 
I like to eat...I like my food...and I'm so into the "habits" and "normals" of what my family eats...that I can't seem to stick to something different. I'm just not being STRONG enough...because there are plenty of good options and choices to make...but I just still struggle. I got sick of making 2 meals for my family...one for Ryan/I...and one for the kids....or I got sick of the kids eating noodles or cereal or noodles or cereal EVERY NIGHT...how healthy is that for them!?!?!? So I gave up...I quit AGAIN. :(
Now I've kinda changed my mind set...my sister told me about how a website she found told her that she could lose 70 lbs in a year by just cutting back on her caloric intake...she works a desk job and would do very little exercise...but JUST her diet and eating could help her drop those pounds...
SO...I've got this plan...my body is SORE and TIRED...muscles are screaming at me at times...I like that soreness at times...but it's still hard and hurts...SO...I'm not going to be SO gung-ho and crazy on exercise...but I'm really going to focus on FOOD and my nutrition...I NEED to get that under control. I get bored with blah, bland choices...so any suggestions or recipes would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Here we go....AGAIN!!!

2 comments:

Driel said...

Becki, I am so sorry that I discouraged you with my comment. I get discouraged myself. Exercising is so hard, but eating right is so so so so hard especially with kids. Being healthy is such an endless battle. It is like having kids so hard, but worth it.

I really enjoy Costco's rotisserie chicken with salad and baked (sweet) potatoes. It's nice because I can eat the leaner meat and the kids can have the fattier stuff. I then cook the bones and skin in water for a few hours on simmer and use the broth for chicken taco soup or chicken noodle soup. I make whole wheat noodles, which I pretty easy.

I also like doing hamburgers, but I do a hamburger salad while everyone else does a hamburger.

One of my favorite snacks when I need sugar is whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter and raisins. I am not a huge fan of whole wheat bread, but I love homemade so I make my own bread.

Keep up the good work. It is so hard, but you look AMAZING!!!

AnnaMarie said...

Good call, that's a huge lifestyle change. One, are you crazy, making two dinners?! Of course the kids have to eat what you eat , or else what are you teaching them? Two, be of my favorite blogs is superhealthykids.com. Check it out!