Monday, May 9, 2011

New Toy...and MUCH needed Zumba!!

So I got a new toy...a late birthday present/early Mother's Day gift!!! I have had it sitting on the couch while I've been recovering from my dental surgery STUFF ;) But last night I finally pulled it out again and looked at it, read up on it, set it all up...and now I officially have a REAL, LIVE...

BODYBUGG :) :) :) I feel like a Biggest Loser!!!

This is what it looks like...
Well...I got it all set up and checked out the website it goes along with, that I got a free 12-month subscription when I bought the bodybugg...and it's pretty cool!!! I like this thing, because it keeps track of the calories you burn AND the calories you take in...so not only when I'm exercising is it tracking it...but also what I'm taking in!!! Not to mention...I don't have to be doing Zumba, spin, or treadmills or anything else...I can simply be shopping at Wal-Mart...or doing laundry...or cleaning the house...or carrying my kids around...or making dinner...all those things we do throughout the day that is also helping us burn calories...it tracks it!! SWEET huh!!! I think so!!!
So today...I logged all my calories/food I ate...(kind of disappointing)...I have things to definitely work on!!! But with all I took in and what I burned throughout the day...I had a 1222 calorie DEFICIT!!! WOO HOO :) :) So I burned MORE then I took in...hooray for me!!! I think I will really like this new toy!!! Thanks babe!!! :) :) :) 


And after having a pretty crappy week...being in pain STILL...and just not having much energy or desire to do anything that might cause more pain to my body...I didn't do Zumba last week :( BLAH...and it sucked let me tell you. I did go on Monday night, but I didn't do it like I usually do...I took it easy...and was actually pathetic!!! I THOROUGHLY enjoyed tonight SO much more!!! I was back at it...and ready to go!! I've been nervous about getting into it again, because I didn't do great last week with eating...exercising...or anything...just did REAL good at being lazy...eating junk...and laying around...SO!?!?! But it wasn't so bad tonight...and I actually had a GREAT time!! Truly LOVE my Zumba instructor, friends, and energy that comes from that class!!! LOVE IT!!!  So I get to teach tomorrow night...and it'll be fine I'm sure...but missing a week of teaching...and just coming back after a lazy week...it'll be tiring I'm sure...there's a quote posted on the wall at the Rec Center...don't know if I've posted it on here before or not...BUT...it says...


"7 days without exercise makes one WEAK"...

And I couldn't agree more...I'm feeling it...and I just need to get back into the swing of things!!! So here goes!! Take it and RUN!!! Can't wait for what this new toy will help my accomplish...and what my love for Zumba will do!! I am thinking I need to change things up too and add something different!?!? Spin class again...or running (which I haven't started or gotten into yet :( terrible huh?!!?)...or something different to help my body use different muscles or something to help trim me down too!?!? I don't know?!??! Suggestions!?!?!
Anyways...I will be posting tomorrow or Wednesday my newest measurements and weigh-in...so stay tuned for that!!!



4 comments:

Party of Five said...

The new toy looks cool! I really enjoy pilates, it helps build long, lean muscles. Not that I have been so great at DOING it, but I like it! And running- we have the ward 5k this Saturday, and it looks like I will be walking/running that one! Join me?

AnnaMarie said...

Cool toy! I think it'll teach you so much about what is really "healthy" and not. I think some things we eat we don't realize how horrible they are for us! Good job, Becki!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

I think that was a great investment. It will be so good to be able to track all that stuff. Like I was telling you yesterday, myfitnesspal is good, but not nearly that accurate. I kind of wish I had a body bugg now too!! Can't wait for your class tonight! Love ya!!

Roberts Family said...

What a cool contraption and cool hubby for getting it for you!