Thursday, May 17, 2012

I've GOT to get back on track....

Alright people...I've been doing a LOT of thinking the last couple days. I've been depressed and down a LOT the last few weeks...and I've been REALLY slacking on the eating...exercise...desire...motivation...and just been having a LOT of excuses. UGH...isn't life grand!!!

Then I saw THIS on facebook yesterday...
And I KNEW I had to keep going. We all have our ups and downs...we all have our struggles and challenges in life...but there are SO many people out there that continue to GET UP...put their feet on the ground...and take one step and then another...one foot in front of the other...and just KEEP GOING. They don't let the challenges or struggles of the previous day stop them...they KEEP TRYING...
I can do that too...I CAN keep trying...I can start AGAIN tomorrow...and continue to strive to reach my goals. I still have my WHY list...and I see it and look at it daily...I have still NOT reached my 90-day goal...(run a 5k)...BUT...I'm a heck of a lot closer then I was months ago. I can't RUN that distance...but I can GO the distance...I'm building stamina, strength, and determination...and I hope one day SOON I WILL be able to RUN it. Then I have my 6 month goal coming up...(be comfortable in a swim suit at the waterpark)...uhhhhhhhhhhhh....7-Peaks will be opening NEXT weekend...I have the passes...my kids WILL go swimming there...but I am NOT so comfy in my suit yet...so again...I MUST keep pushing...

That's when I find THIS...and realize I MUST just start again...or I'll really be kicking myself...
Tonight I went to Zumba...I LOVED every second of it...the energy...the smiles...the people...the teacher...the friendships I've made...the break I get...the ME time I have...and the CHALLENGE that it is to GO, to FINISH, to SUCCEED...I CAN do this...I CAN make the changes...and I WILL see the results...
That's when I see THIS and smile :)
After Zumba...I went to the weight room...(first time in over a week...BOO) :)...anyways...I did my stuff...and then got on the mat for my ab/plank time...I hadn't done the plank in over a week...my body was SHAKING...my abs HURT...and my mind told me to GIVE UP...these were my thoughts..."you've done 30 seconds, you're good"..."no one else is joining you right now, so no one is paying attention"..."you're tired and can just stop, at least you did SOME"....WELL...I did the plank...I pushed through it...and before I knew it...I had gone my minute like I was used to. I WANT to go longer...but I gave up... I quit...and I fell to the mat. HOWEVER...I DID it...I DID some...and it was a STRUGGLE. 

To all those out there who WANT this so bad...you CAN do it...it won't be easy...but it will be SO worth it!!! One day at a time...one step in front of another...and you WILL succeed. If I can do this...so can YOU!!!

Thank you to those AMAZING Beachbody COACHES, friends, and family members who inspire me daily...for their quotes, thoughts, and POSITIVE attitudes that keep me going and realizing that even I can push through my negativity and issues!!! Thank you guys...you're AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Keep on going, Becki! You can do it

Becky said...

Becki, I'm so glad you found my blog! I've been reading yours for a while and it is what kinda inspired me to start my journey.

You are so lucky to have programs that you can go to frequently like zumba! I'm zumba-ing at home and it can be a challenge with two little kids at my feet.

I would love to borrow the first dvd of slim in 6 and give it a try.

I'm glad that you are rededicating yourself. Then, I can find inspiration from your blog again.