Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My life lately = Reality & Discouragement...

So where to begin...MY life lately...I love my life...RIGHT!?!?! ;) Some days I really wonder WHAT THE HECK I'm supposed to do...or WHY I'm supposed to be going through this. It gets VERY hard at times...as you all know who are reading this...we're all human, and we ALL have challenges. 

So...this last week...well really just the weekend...I kept telling myself since last time I wrote...OK...I'm going to get better...I'm GOING to be making better choices food-wise...I WILL do this...then comes reality...lack of money...lack of groceries...lack of desire because everything else is lacking and "what's the point"...right!?!?! Well at least that's how I felt...judge if you'd like ;)

Saturday was a BUSY day...we went up to Logan, UT for a wedding of a dear, family friend...it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding...they're gorgeous together...and it was a GREAT day together with my sweet little family....aren't we cute!!!
But let's be honest...driving 2 1/2 hours north and hanging out in a town ALL day...can NOT be a good thing for "dieting" or "trying to eat good"...because what did we do...brought things in the van to snack on...brought donuts for the kids for breakfast cuz we didn't want to stop somewhere else...and then we went out for lunch together as a family...and they screwed up my GRILLED chicken sandwich order...so I got part of the bill taken off for that...but then they brought me a complimentary shake for screwing up...YUM!!! It was hot, and the ice cream was good...but I shouldn't have!!! ;) 

Then came Sunday...my lazy, busy, lack of eating day too!! Luckily we were invited over to some friends' house for dinner...so I didn't have to cook...THANKS PAKA ;) It was a great time...and she made a good meal!!!

Well...then it was Monday...the start of a NEW day, a NEW week, a NEW time for me...and what happens...I wake up on the WRONG side of the bed...the kids are EXTRA whiny and moody...I've had it with their talking back...then it got up to 95 degrees out...so it was HOT and MISERABLE...then naps came...(heavenly...even if it was only Kyson who slept)...and then we're back outside. The kids wanted water...and I come in to fill their cups...and NOTHING...the water wasn't working...LOVELY.

I called Ryan...who said he'd be coming home soon...I called the city to see if any lines had issues around us...I talked to neighbors...and of course it was ONLY our house...SO YAY...go us!!! This all started about 4:15...I had already pulled meat out and planned on making a good healthy taco salad dinner...but obviously...the water issue took over. SO...ya...come to find out there was a crack of some kind in a line of the water softener...and it was causing the water to suck up ALL the water softener beads through the pipes and faucets...causing it all to look like THIS...
Kitchen sink...
 Master bath sink...
 And the other bathroom sink...
 Nice huh!! ;) Don't be jealous of our SWEET water...Klous thought it was apple juice!!! ;) Anyways...got a neighbor over who was SO kind and willing to help us...during dinner time and family night...so THANK YOU ERIC!!! But...eventually he unhooked the water softener and it cleared right up...THANKFULLY!!! Now if only the stupid washer would work...eventually...UGH...
Anyways...what I am trying to get at is...LIFE JUST SUCKS SOMETIMES...and there's NOTHING we can do!!! Right!?!?!? 

WRONG...we can look at the positive...which is what Ryan is helping me do today...looking at the little blessings that have come of this...the fact that it is only the water softener and NOT replacing all the plumbing...cuz we were worried that would be it...the fact that we have neighbors who can help us...and on and on...

SO...what I'm needing to do today...and trying to tell myself over and over is this...I CAN get through this...I CAN still change and improve...I CAN be happy...and when I checked my trainer, friend Eric's facebook this morning...I saw numerous quotes that I REALLY needed...so here are a couple...
LOVE it...I've given up on my dreams...my goals...and I CAN'T...I'm the only one who can change things...and if I don't do it for myself...it won't happen...so I WILL do it!!!
 

And this...I just need to TRY...one foot then the other...I'll never know if I CAN do it...if I don't TRY...I need to do it...and so can any of you!! We just need to DO...
Then Eric's brother Dave...he's very helpful and inspirational as well...these are some he posted...and I wanted to share...this first one meant a LOT...at church on Sunday there was a lot of talk on challenges...and how we all have them...and one of the speakers even read a poem about getting up each time we fall...isn't that what life is about...if we didn't get UP...we wouldn't have much to live for right!?!?! So I need to GET UP...GET OUT...and GO!!!
And the obvious...well we don't realize it's so obvious...but I loved this anyways...I can still eat til I'm full...I can feed my body the food and fuel it needs...I just need to be eating the RIGHT stuff...not the crap...aka...donuts, snacks, sugar, CRAP that I've been eating TOO much of the last couple months...
So to my fellow bloggers, readers, friends, examples...THANK YOU for being patient with me...thank you for being there when I needed you...thank you for continuing to encourage me and compliment me...YOU are the ones who keep me going...and I WILL be back...I WILL be starting again...and I WILL succeed and fulfill me goals that I wanted for myself this year...we just all seem to get little hiccups along the way huh!!!





2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Let go of the things you can't control. Things can be a LOT worse. Involve yourself in others' lives and you'll be thankful for the challenges you have, because they're the ones you CAN handle.

Change the way your whole family eats, not just you! Even if your kids don't need to lose weight, they will only be better off for their lives if they like fruits and vegetables!

Paige Freestone said...

So proud of you for being determined to start over and think with a fresh perspective when things get hard. That isn't always easy! You are awesome!