Monday, March 21, 2011

Having thoughts...

So I'm sure most of you in Utah county area have heard THIS story...but outside of this area, probably not...anyways last week there was shooting...a murder/suicide thing. It was a husband who shot his wife, then turned the gun on himself...they had been seperated since January...and were "exchanging" the kids or something...and BANG...he killed her :(...so now they have 2 orphan children...5 & 3...and no Mommy or Daddy to raise them. Luckily there is LOVING extended family...but...it's not Mom/Dad...so!?!?!
Anyways...so I just saw their obituaries in the paper yesterday...and it just made me sad. The whole story breaks my heart...makes me angry...makes me think of those poor kids...and that poor woman...what must've been going through her head right before!?!?! I can't even imagine...

BUT...

What I can imagine and know is...I have 3 BEAUTIFUL babies...an amazing husband...and great extended family. When I think of those funerals those kids will have to go to...and how hard that would be to deal with...I look at my babies and am SO grateful for the struggles they give me. For the whining, pouting, fighting, arguing, talking back....but more importantly for the hugs, kisses, I Love You's, smiles, laughs, giggles, tickles, and looks I get from them DAILY. I couldn't imagine my life without them...or their lives without me. I don't know what would drive you to that point...and to make those kinds of choices...but I'm grateful for the family I have. I'm grateful that even through my hard days and struggles...that I get the little I'm sorry's...or I love you's...or the extra hugs...when they can tell they hurt Mommy's feelings. Because those are the things that keep me going...even when it's not easy.

Anyways...I've just had those little kids on my mind the last couple days...and hope and pray that they will be able to come to terms with this...and remember the HAPPY times with their parents. I can't even imagine...so sad :( And I hope we can all squeeze our babies, spouses, parents, loved ones a little closer now...and appreciate what we do have.

Onto a happier note...I got a coupon from my good friend Carole this weekend...it was for Old Navy...30% off your entire purchase...so we went Friday night I think!?!?! Well I usually just go in looking for the kids and maybe for t-shirts for Ryan...but tend to stay away from the women's section...but not this time. I went and looked at jeans for a second...and found some to try on...and GUESS WHAT...I fit into a size TWELVE!!! Yes...12...I was so excited and had to get them!! Not only were they size 12 but they were also on clearance for $12...SWEET!!! My body is getting smaller...and my sizes are getting lower...and the changes I'm making are working!! Hooray!!! Yay for me!!! ZUMBA tonight too...Yippee!!!

2 comments:

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Thanks for posting that, Beck. Its good to get some perspective once in awhile, and realize I don't have it all that bad. And way to go on the jeans too!! I wish I had known about the coupon, I would have come with you!!

Party of Five said...

Thanks Becki! I am so excited for you and your new jeans too,:)