Monday, March 28, 2011

Sisters...Best Friends for life...

P.S...this picture was taken at 4:30 A.M this morning...cute huh!! :)

So last Friday was my birthday...Ryan had taken Thurs/Fri off...and on Thursday he just said he wanted to get the house cleaned up a bit...I didn't think anything of it...other then he wanted to help...WAHOO :) So we cleaned up a little...
Well then Friday morning...we woke me up around 8 or something to tell me he was taking the kids to do something for my birthday...and that I could just sleep in. Well I woke up around 9:30 and didn't hear anything...so I rolled over and went back to bed...then I heard them come in around 10 or after!?!?! I heard balloons...I heard the kids...and then Ryan came in and told me to wake up and Klous told me to come see what they got...so I drug myself out of bed!! Luckily put some clothes on ;)...and Klous told me to close my eyes...while he walked me out to the living room...
When I opened my eyes...still half asleep...and I see my sister Kim sitting on my couch...WHAT THE HECK!?!?! And that's what I said..."what the heck are you doing here?"...I was in shock...she had flown out to surprise me for my birthday...how sweet is that!?!?! Kim lives in Minnesota...like the majority of my family...but she's the one that I am closest to and talk to most of the time...and struggle being so far away from. So for her to do this for me...was so incredibly sweet.
It's crazy how just seeing one person like that can just light me up...I had a GREAT birthday...a GREAT weekend...(with both my sisters, cuz JJ came down from Magna too)...and a GREAT visit with Kim. She is such an example to me...so admirable...and so loving. She is so fun with my kids...and they're missing her lots too...and I am just so thankful that someone would do something so great for me. What makes me deserve it!?!?! 

I LOVE YOU KIM!!! Thank you for being such a great example, sister, friend, and person!! So glad you're in my life!!! I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU like crazy!!!

4 comments:

Party of Five said...

First,You DESERVE it, because you are you. You are loving and kind, and generous. You have a good sister. Second, I'm glad you had such a great time, wish you were there for my talk though:)

AnnaMarie said...

That's an awesome surprise! Yay!

krista said...

What a fun surprise!!!

Karla said...

That is such a suprise! I know what you mean about being so far from family and sisters that are your best friend... It isn't quite the same to just talk on the phone to them. Glad you had a fantastic weekend! YOU always deserve something special like this! Glad you could enjoy it.