Saturday, April 16, 2011

First class...and more to come!!! :) :) :)

We've been having computer issues...so I've got more to post...but haven't had time. So here's some of it at least!!!



On Wednesday I taught my first "mini-class" I guess you could say. A friend of mine who goes to Zumba with me asked me if I'd teach a Zumba class to the young women (ages 12-18) of her ward. I was kind of hesitant and nervous and didn't want to say YES...but Ryan & I talked about it and realized I'm going to have to do it eventually so I better start sometime!!! So I told her I would...and I'd do my best, but couldn't promise anything GREAT!!! :) There are a few songs I feel somewhat comfortable doing...so I wasn't too freaked out!! (YA RIGHT) :) 

Well the beginning of the week I emailed my Zumba instructor for song ideas and names...went to 2 of her classes to get more reminders and advice...got songs off of iTunes so I could make a "playlist"...and when I started doing so...I realized that I needed a few more songs then I thought to fill 30 MINUTES!!! I ended up coming up with 10 songs I think...and it turned out being 36 minutes!! WOO HOO :) 

Wednesday came...I did it...and the girls/leaders said they had fun...and I had family there that said they could actually follow me!! Yay!! That was encouraging...Ryan was there with the kids...and he was watching...so I asked his advice and got some pointers...so I have things to work on...OBVIOUSLY...and will continue to try and do what I can to make it FUN and DESIRABLE for people to want to come to some classes!!!

So starting this Tuesday...a friend from Ryan's parents ward...(in Provo)...has asked me to come teach at their building. So Tuesdays from 9-10 I will be teaching...eventually I would like to get something going in Orem as well...for now these classes will be FREE...BUT...BUT...BUT...I am in the process of looking for a studio or something to rent out and use to teach, charge, and actually make some MONEY doing it!!! Since that was and is a possibility!!! If any of you would like to try it out and see if you like it...let me know and I'll keep you posted on locations, times, and price info!!! I'm excited to start this journey...and am so SO grateful for a husband who supports me...and GREAT people who have inspired me to try it out and fall in love with Zumba!!! You know who you are!! :) :) :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Becki!! This is soooooo exciting! I'm thrilled for you! I hope I can make it next week!!

AnnaMarie said...

So cool, Becki! Way to go! Keep working towards your goals, you can do it!

Amber said...

Is this on tues 9-10 AM or PM? Where? I want to come