Sunday, April 10, 2011

I did it...I LOVE ZUMBA!!!


Well...I survived!!! I did it...I'm now certified!!! :) :) :) 

Friday was a LONG...hard...fun...exhausting...HAPPY day!!! I show up to this Lifetime Fitness gym and there are probably 40-60 women...GUNG-HO women...all decked out in their Zumba stuff...and just excited and nervous like me!!! I texted Ryan when I got there, because I was the biggest woman there...at that time at least...and I got a little discouraged...I wondered WHAT I had gotten myself into...and why I was doing this.
Then the day/class started...got all registered...did the little introduction thing...and BOOM...time for a "master class" of Zumba!!! We danced...we shook it...we sweat...we had FUN!!! It was great...the HARDEST class by far that I have done...but the lady teaching has been certified and doing Zumba since 2007. So she is VERY experienced...she's close with Beto (the creator of Zumba)...she's in some of the dvd's and stuff that has been put out. So she's GOOD :) 
Anyways...it was a busy day...from 9 am - 5:30 pm...it was ALL Zumba :) We had some breaks...a 1/2 hour lunch...some sitting time for lecture/instruction...but otherwise...it was on our feet...moving...dancing...and learning the steps we need!!! I got to learn the main steps and moves for Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, and Reggaeton...it was AWESOME!!! It all makes more sense now...it all seems easier...I can actually figure out songs and choreograph them if I need!!! It's great!! I feel so smart...it's nice!!! I love that I went...I love that I experienced this...and I LOVE that I can go forward now and help others learn, love, and HAVE FUN with Zumba!!! 
I'm anxious and nervous to get out and start up...I'm not sure where to go from here...I need to contact people and places to try and get things lined up. I will be starting out small and then see where it goes...I need people to come and help and follow me...I've learned from GREAT...GREAT...AMAZING women who LOVE what they do as well. So it has put even more LOVE and ENERGY into what I want to do!!! Stay tuned for info on where I'll be teaching or what I'll be doing...I've gotta do it sometime...so better start SOON!!!
I LOVE IT...I LOVE IT...I LOVE IT!!! 

And...I'm still smiling...:) :) :) :) Yes I'm sore...5-6 hours of DOING Zumba will do that to you...but yet it gave me so much more energy and desire to GO and DO!!! It's GREAT...

4 comments:

Party of Five said...

yeah, yeah, yeah!!! So when are you going to be doing it in OUR gym? Can't wait tog o and find out what you learned!

Amber said...

Cool Cool!! When are you going to host a private Zumba party for us?

AnnaMarie said...

I'm so glad that you have something you love so much! I'm sure you learned so much that day, and hope you can find the way to put it all into action!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

I can't wait to hear about what you decide to do. You know I will be there to support you!!