Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I DID IT!!!!

So for those of you who are not on facebook...you wouldn't be able to know or see that I actually taught my FIRST...REAL, full HOUR, Zumba class last night!!! I did it in Provo...at my in-laws church building...from 9-10 pm. I was quite nervous and freaked out...I practiced the playlist CONSTANTLY all day long. I listened to it all day...danced around...practiced with the kids...and thought...OK...I've got this. I was TIRED just practicing...so pretty nervous about if I'd be able to survive the class. When you're the instructor...you have to have a LOT of energy...and KEEP going to keep the class going...so I was worried!!! 

I got to the church...some AMAZING friends and supporters came to be there with me...as well as people I had never met!!! There was 23 people by the end of the class...it was CRAZY...I had a playlist of 16 songs...part way through the class...I went to look at the cd player and see what song I was on...I was SOOOO tired...sweat was running into my eyes and BURNING...and I look and was only on song #6....YA...10 more to go...UGH...but I did it...I succeeded...the ladies in the class did AMAZING...and it was FUN!!! I LOVED IT!!! I was so proud of myself...WISHING that my darn watch/heartrate monitor wouldn't have died and have to be returned...cuz I really want to know how much I do as the instructor...cuz I kick it up a BIG notch!!! 

So anyways...I did it...I was proud...people came and hugged me, congratulated me, thanked me, told me they look forward to next week...so all around it was a GREAT class!!! Will be doing it again next Tuesday...same time...same place...let me know if you wanna come!!!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That is awesome, Becki! Way to go!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

It really was super fun, Becki, and you did a great job! I am looking forward to next week! Hi AnnaMarie!