Monday, September 19, 2011

It's a NEW day...

Here we are...ANOTHER Monday!!! A NEW day...a NEW week...a NEW start!!! I got up at 5:00 A.M this morning to go to the rec center with some friends...if I have someone waiting for me, I WILL go!!! We did strength training...HOLY MOLY...I am a weakling!!! But it'll get better...and you've gotta start somewhere right!!! 
So...this is the start of EXERCISING again!!! I need it!!! I've gotten into quite the slump...and I need to step it up...so here goes!!!

Then...on Saturday...I signed up for Weight Watchers...I did it. $65 for 4 months of the online program. I know I've heard that the meetings are better, because then you're accountable...and you have to check in...BUT...I had to do the online, because it has everything at my fingertips whenever I want it!!! Ryan said he'd join me and we'll do it together...and another friend has also signed up for it. So we'll see how it goes. Knowing that I'm only allowed so many points...and that I have to put in my food intake...it's a bit scary...so I'm definitely more aware of what's going in my mouth now!!! 
So...this is the start of EATING RIGHT again!!! I need this as well...and I need the support of family and friends to tell me...BECKI...DON'T EAT THAT!!! :) So we'll see how it goes...and figure it all out!!!

And one more...I came home from the rec center to a QUIET, peaceful house!!! Kids and hubby still sleeping...just me and my thoughts...I got the laptop out and pulled up lds.org. I have to start reading uplifting things to keep me going!!! And I found two GREAT talks from President Gordon B. Hinckley...(former president of the church). It was THIS one...that talks about women...and all the things we do, challeneges we have, responsibilities we have, and so on. But in the talk was this quote...

"To you young women with small children, yours is a tremendous challenge. So often there is not enough money. You must scrimp and save. You must be wise and careful in your expenditures. You must be strong and bold and brave and march forward with gladness in your eye and love in your heart. How blessed you are, my dear young mothers. You have children who will be yours forever. I hope that you have been sealed in the house of the Lord and that your family will be an everlasting family in the kingdom of our Father.
May you be given strength to carry your heavy load, to meet every obligation, to walk side by side with a good and faithful and caring man, and together with him rear and nurture and bring up your children in righteousness and truth. Nothing else you will ever own, no worldly thing you will ever acquire will be worth so much as the love of your children. God bless you, my dear, dear young mothers."

Now obviously this is the section that pertained to me...so it hit home!! And really made my day!!! I hope it can hit someone else too and brighten their day!?!?!
The other talk was THIS one...it's a little older, but you know...the thoughts and words NEVER get old!!! And I needed to read it as much as any other one!!! I know I don't give myself enough credit...I know I nag on myself...I know I need to work on things...but reading these talks and seeing that LOTS of women need to be reminded of our worth and our "job well-done"...it gives me hope. 

Here's to a NEW day, a NEW week, and a NEW start!!! I can make changes...I CAN improve things...and I CAN be happy again. Just takes little steps and little changes!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!! And thanks so much for posting that quote! I really needed that today!!

~ Sarah

Roberts Family said...

I love that quote. So nice to hear things like that. BTW, I subbed for Klous' class yesterday and he was such a good boy - you're doing great!