Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lately....

Well it's been a few days since I posted...and I've thought of things to post...just haven't gotten around to actually doing it. So here I am now...finally posting!!!
So the last few days have been BUSY...but I've done pretty well with sticking to the diet/healthy eating/good choices lifestyle!!! Obviously there's ALWAYS something to improve on...but I'm doing SO much better then I was in the past!!!

On Friday...we went to the Rec Center for our morning walk/jog...the day before I speed walked 7 laps in about 20 minutes and I was proud of myself...that was with 2 kids too!! So we went again Friday morning with some friends...and I had all 3 kids this time!!! Did the same speed laps...but I jogged 1 as well...tried it out again to see how it felt. It's tough pushing the stroller with Klous right on the front tire of the jogging stroller...but I did it!!! That day the Rec was having a "Healthy Heart" day...so they had free body fat testing, blood pressure stuff, drawings, healthy snacks...balloons for the kids. It was a good day!!! We went upstairs after walking to get my "body fat" test...woohoo...not impressive. :( Once again...something else to work on!!! For my age on the body fat % chart...(under 30 cuz I still have another year til that)...my body fat is 36.9%....YUCK...that falls into the "Needs Improvement" category. Surprise surprise...BUT I'm working on it right!!! Also on the test came total body water content...it was only 42 liters or 49%...it's supposed to be about 55%-60%...gotta improve on that too I guess. (Working on it)...then came my measurement I was wondering most about...My BMI....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh :) Never a good thing when you know you're "fat" or "overweight"...so for me it came back at 28.6....YEP...officially OVERWEIGHT. BLAH...I was pleased to see I wasn't in the "OBESE" category...cuz I've often wondered if I am...so that was an ok surprise. 
Anyways...what this all tells me...I NEED TO KEEP GOING...I can't stop...I know my body is in "unhealthy" mode...I need to get it out of that...and improve what I can and need to!!! I did think a lot about these numbers during that day...wondering how many "skinny" people have a good BMI or anything else...I try to remind myself that just cuz I'm "bigger" then LOTS of people...I may be physically more healthy, because I can do a whole hour of Zumba...or I can make it through an entire workout dvd...or I can walk/jog/run laps at the track...so!?!?!?! I know I have a LONG ways to go to be where I want to be...but I try to remind myself that just because someone is or looks "skinny"...doesn't necessarily mean they're healthy!?!?!? 
Anyways...ok...then came that night...Ryan took me on a hot date...I didn't want salad...I wanted to be able to go somewhere and choose something more healthy then I usually would...but have it be more then SALAD...so...we went to Red Lobster for an early Valentine's Day date...it was YUMMY!!! We thought ok...white fish is healthy...so we got a meal with crab legs, scallops, and grilled shrimp...also came with red potatoes & corn on the cob...all of it was VERY good...but when I got home and checked out the nutrition facts...WOW...the actual meat and even cheddar biscuits aren't that bad calorie wise...BUT...that butter sauce they put on EVERYTHING...oh gross!!! That stuff is SO SO SO bad for you...so I wasn't overly impressed with out we did...because the fish and stuff did have butter all over it...I did try to not soak my crab legs in it forever like I usually do...but I still ate SOME. Ugh...

Then came Saturday...Ryan and I decided we'd have to workout twice as much or something to make up for what we ate the night before...Ryan said he'd have to run 7 miles!!! I had a meeting that morning and when I got home we all got ready to head to the rec center...Ryan started out running...Klous ran a couple laps with him...then he wanted to ride...so I speed walked 9 laps (1 1/2 miles) with the 3 kids (110 EXTRA pounds in the stroller to push)...and figured it was Ryan's turn to have the kids...so I passed them on to him...he kept running and finished up his laps...while I decided to try running too...I made it 3 1/2 laps...it was SWEET!!! Maybe that's not a lot to someone else...but that was GREAT for me!!! I don't know if I've built up a resistance from always pushing the stroller...or what...but once I let go of that thing I could just GO and GO and keep GOING!!! It was great!!! My shins and legs are paying for it now...but it felt DANG good to actually do!!! 
So besides exercising and doing more...we tried to stick to better choices and things yesterday too!!! It was good!!!
Today...(Sunday)...it's always busy with sleeping in, breakfast, church, then dinner...things kinda get skipped or forgotten or missed. So we planned on having Mango Chicken tonight...(crockpot recipe that goes over rice)...You're supposed to put 2 bricks of cream cheese in...for which I substituted Non-fat Greek Yogurt...and then we served it on brown rice. I took a "reasonable" sized portion...and I was content!!! It was nice!!! No over-eating...no stuffing my face...I was good!!!
I'm very impressed with how this is working...what it's doing to me...yes I want my treat, chocolate, sweet here and there...but I limit it to ONE or NONE...I don't indulge and munch munch munch like I used to. I get it, enjoy it, and I'm DONE!!! And really...I don't need it to begin with...so I'm impressed!!! I'm anxious and excited for Tuesday to come, because that'll be day 30...and I'll be doing measurements, weight, and pictures again...YIKES!!! I've gotten compliments at church and things of people noticing I've lost weight...so that's always reassuring!!!! It's working...and I'm LOVING it!!!! Here's to the start of another NEW week!!! Yay!!!

2 comments:

Sandi Bennett said...

Becki, you are definitely healthier than you were 30 days ago! Your heart and muscles are stronger and you have more endurance. Did you happen to do any blood work (cholesterol/ triclycerides) before starting? That's a great way to see health improvements. Way to go!!! You're doing great! :)

AnnaMarie said...

Way to go, Becki! That's awesome. The more you run (minus kids! I can't run with a stroller either.) the more you'll like running, and it will feel great! I'm so happy for your changes in the past 30 days. What a huge accomplishment! Keep on going, girl!