Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 1....DONE!!!


So it's coming to the close of DAY 1 on this journey!!! 5 more to go on this diet plan...and a LIFETIME of being healthy!!! 
I survived the first day...struggled a bit, but I did it. Tried the Shakeology shake for breakfast...went to the Rec and walked the track after doing Slim in 6 earlier!!! We had a family day today, seeing as how it is a holiday and Daddy is home!! So that was nice to have Ryan's constant help and support!!! We had our snack...a BIG salad for lunch, that was actually delicious!!! And then our afternoon snack, and dinner tonight!!! Now I'm drinking my water before bed and relaxing for the night!!!

This is a picture of the dinner I made tonight. Filet of tilapia fish...2 c of brussel sprouts (Ryan thought that was a LOT more then 2 cups)...and then 1 c of fresh strawberries!!! I was REALLY nervous about dinner...wondering what it would be like...if it would fill me up...and if I'd like it!?!?! I didn't want to puke...so I was nervous. The fish was fine...I don't mind fish...and the strawberries, obviously, were great!!! Then came the time to try a brussel sprout...I poked one and ate it...and it wasn't so bad!!! I didn't expect them to taste how they did...but they really were ok!!! I think they'd be better with some vinegar or something on them...but I ate mine!!! Can't say the same for Ryan!!! He choked down 4 of them...and was gagging...so he couldn't finish!! He said he'll opt for cabbage the next few nights for dinner!!! 
So there you have it...I did it...I'm proud of myself...and I know I can do it the rest of the week!!! 
I did realize today though that I have to learn or teach myself to NOT eat just because. I realized that I eat because I'm bored...because I walk by something and it's there...so I eat it. Not because I'm hungry or need something...but because I have nothing to do or I see something...and I just eat it. BAD HABIT...obviously the reason I've gotten to where I am huh!!! Anxious to see how my body is and works after this week...Eric just reminded me tonight to "TRUST THE SYSTEM"...so that is what I'm doing...putting my trust and faith in Eric and the system, that it WILL work...that I CAN do it...and changes WILL come!!!

No comments: