Friday, January 6, 2012

Weak...and don't have will power :(

So tonight...home as a family...watching a movie...I've got LOTS on my mind and what do I do??? Go to the CRAP in the house and eat...and munch...and eat some more...YUCK. I feel awful now...I'm upset with myself for not being stronger...and I'm just bugged. I know this will be a challenge and something I will have to adjust to...but gosh. I guess it's time to go through things and get rid of GARBAGE food??? But honestly I hate doing that because we're dirt poor and throwing away things that are still ok to eat just makes me more bugged?!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...what do I do??? What snacks do you guys get that are better for you??? How do you afford to eat healthier??? I just need to go to bed so I stop thinking about it all??? Tomorrow will be FULL of work-outs to help me feel better?!?!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

It won't matter how many laps you run if you just put it back into your body with brownies and chips. I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's not saving money to have $3 bags of chips, cookies, and junk! $3 can also buy two bunches of bananas, a pineapple, a bag of oranges or apples...fruits, veggies. If you need a clear line not to cross, just limit yourself to those as snacks. Zero tolerance. As for the stuff you have in your house, let it go and don't replace it! If Ryan still eats it and wants to (like Tyler does), put it all in a bag and give it to him. Have him put it somewhere you won't find it, even if you're looking. I made Tyler keep his Little Debbie's, etc. in his car. :) And don't feed that crap to your kids either. There's nothing wrong with them eating as healthy as you!

albawicottle3 said...

Hey becky, I lost 45 pounds in back in 2003 by counting my calories...but I didn't just eat tasteless food, it took a few weeks but I figured out that if I love something (like subway sandwiches) I should figure out a way to eat them at home...because eating at subway everyday is expensive. I would buy the hogie buns...then put lettuce, tomato, pickes, onions and turkey on it (no cheese...honestly it's hard to taste on the sandwich anyway, you won't miss it!) then vinegar (it's really good, promise) salt and pepper, all together it's about 300 calories and so filling! I also would shave ice and put sunny D over it...as a treat. I love veggies, so cutting them up (lots of them) with a little pasta and some sauce..yummy.....You have to find what you love, what you can afford and just go with it. Another tip...airpopped popcorn with butter spray (from walmart in aisle with all the flour, sugar etc.) and popcorn seasoning (you can find ranch, white chedder, nacho cheese etc..) at walmart too. 1/4 of unpopped popcorn (which makes a big bowl of popped popcorn) spray butter and seasoning is a great snack and all in all about 165 calories!! I ate 1200 to 1400 calories a day and I dropped 45 pounds in 4 months...I didn't start exercising right away. I started slow, a friend gave me her stationary bike so I started riding 4 times a week and doing pilates 5 times a week, about a month after I started the diet.