Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thoughts...

So the other night was kinda crappy...and let's be honest...I did it to myself!!! I've noticed this weekend that my body is getting used to having LESS sweets or junk!!! Because yesterday was Ryan's birthday...so we went on a date and went to Red Robin...I got my usual Teryaki Chicken Sandwich and fries...I ate the sandwich...which maybe it wasn't the BEST thing to choose...but it tasted yummy ;) But the fries...UGH...they were just TOO MUCH on my gut. I was so full after not very long...Ryan was better and got a salad...but I was so full and ready to be done before he was even half-way through his salad. So!?!?! Maybe my body is getting used to eating less often...less JUNK...and smaller portions!?!?! A good thing right???

Also...we've been trying to figure out a couple options for making more money...so we've talked about a me teaching Zumba and getting a studio!?!?! A friend of mine is teaching in Lindon and said they have a Monday night position open...but I don't know how convenient of a location it is...or how it would work!?!?! I'm nervous about starting up and not having people show up!?!?! I just have a lot of doubts and fears...but Ryan keeps telling me, I'll never know until I try it and see what happens. SO.....any of you know of any karate studios, dance studios, or something like that....that I would be able to rent out in the evening sometime and do a Zumba class!?!?! Who would be interested in coming!?!?! I'd prefer a place that's in Orem/Provo...because then it's closer to the people I've taught before and people who I'm friends with...I don't know. I have too many doubts and I think I just need to GO FOR IT!!!

So I am trying to work on this...trying to figure things out...and hoping results will come SOON!!! I know not as soon as I'd like...and it'll take time...but small changes daily will make them come right!!! Thanks to all who look at this and read it...even if you don't always leave a comment...any advice, support, or help is WONDERFUL!!!

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

You'll be amazed at how quickly your body gets used to better food and quantities. You go girl.

As for the Zumba thing, I might consider the less-convenient spot if it has been a regular class time in the past, so maybe you'll have customers who come. I hate to say it, but you can't count on your friends who have been coming to free Zumba classes to start paying. At least not all of them. :) They'll still be your friends, though, I'm sure. Good luck!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

First of all, I am very proud of you that your body is changing, and trying to reject things like fries! That is awesome! Second, I have to tell you that I was very scared about starting to teach piano. I always thought it could be something for me to fall back on, but I knew it would be hard and scary, especially since I haven't had lessons since I was in high school. But I took a chance and now I have four students (as you know). Anyway, you are a great Zumba instructor, and you did this with the intent of earning some money. Take a chance. I bet you will be surprised with the results. You will be great!!

Mike and Jana Black said...

I'm glad your body is changing. Don't be ready to give up just because you have one bad night or even a bad week. If you have a hard time not eating the stuff in your house then throw it away and don't buy it again. I HAVE to do that, if it's here I eat it. As far as cheap goes, just do what you can. I make a lot of stuff from scratch because it's pretty easy to buy flour and sugar and yeast and stuff like that. I also just watch the produce sales and when there's a good one I get what I can. Canned fruits and veggies that don't have added salt and sugar are great to have, and they're cheap. You definitely have to get creative when you're poor. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged nobody does it perfect.