Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chair O' CRAP...

I got a bee in my bonnet after baths tonight...I was going to clean out our "snack drawers" because some of the things had been spilled in there. Well that turned into finding CRAP snacks...and then looking in my one cupboard thing...and finding MORE snacks. So...here you go...this is my

CHAIR O' CRAP :) :) :)
A couple close-ups of what I found in the "snack" spots...
Kinda looks like a candy store to me...got some of everything!! We've got licorice, Snickers, Ring pops, taffy, gummies, Gummy Savers, Twix, Reeses, 100 Grand, Whoppers, Milk Duds, and can't forget the plain, peanut, AND peanut butter M&M's....GROSS...
Oh...and some more...do you think I enjoy my candy and sugar??? I can't believe I found all this...(well I can)...but I can't believe I'm sharing how much I have in my little house. :( Pathetic...
So what I'm doing now...is going to give this to the highest bidder...the chair o' crap NEEDS a new home...ok let me rephrase...the CRAP needs a new home NOT the chair!!! :) :) :) 
I'm done with candy...well I can't say done for now...that would be too much I think to just stop cold turkey...but I for sure will be getting rid of this...and maybe have a jar with plain M&M's for a "prize" or something?? And to have for my kiddos...they enjoy them!?!? Is that a bad idea?? I don't know...isn't it kind of an oxy-moron to reward yourself with a TREAT if you're trying to lose weight!?!?! Hmmmm...something to think about...
Anyways...good bye to the unhealthy crap in my house...for real if anyone wants ANYTHING...it's free for the taking...it's mostly all unopened...which is pathetic, cuz that's a lot of money wasted sitting right there...but I don't want it in my house. If it doesn't get claimed...it will go in the garbage can...so let me know!!
Good bye candy and unhealthy treats I found tonight...time to see whatelse I have that shouldn't be in my house...ugh...so unhealthy...

7 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Holy Crap! Get it out! And you're right, you'll be amazed at how much money you don't spend when you don't buy that stuff! Seriously, I told you before about my lack of self-control, especially when I put the girls to bed and feel I "deserve" something. In my house I have a bag of Halloween candy in a high cupboard, but it's a kind I don't like (bought it that way intentionally), so it doesn't tempt me unless I'm REALLY sugar-craving. And chocolate chips to make cookies/bake with...but since I'd dig into those, too, those are also in a high cupboard, and are unopened, so I won't sneak any (don't want to throw off the recipe! ;)). But other than that, I don't keep ANY candy around, or chips, or other junk food. Try it! You'll crave it like crazy, but it'll get better as your body gets used to having less sugar. And once or twice, I've sent Tyler to the store for a treat, but it's not convenient, and he's not home much...:) So then if I'm snacky at night, I HAVE to eat something semi-healthy. Good for you, girly!

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, and rewards...yeah, that's tough...not really a reward if it sets you back from your end goal. Try to think about something that is a real reward for you. Something you love. Have a new shirt be a reward, or new shoes, or something. It costs money, but so do all those snacks. And you can always go to Plato's Closet or find something on clearance. :) Or a date night, or a girls' night, or a new haircut or color...there are so many good things out there besides food!

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, AND...if you must have candy, keep hard candy around. Most people won't eat a whole bag of hard candy, but sucking on one or two won't ruin your whole day like two candy bars will! (Can you tell candy is my worst fitness enemy...I have a lot to say on the subject!)

Wendy said...

Pat Jex loves peanut m&m's, in case they need a home.

You're brave, Becki! I'm so so proud of you!!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Good job Beck! Getting rid of all that stuff is a huge step!

Mike and Jana Black said...

you go girl!

Marie said...

I didn't have ANY treats in my house until I got married. Anthon loves sweets. He'll take them off your hands if they still need a home. He would hate to see all that yummy junk go to waste. I'll just tell him to hide them from me :)
And good job with losing 3 lbs.! Every pound counts!