Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting Started...

Hello friends and family...
I'm starting this blog to help my lose weight and to have the help and encouragement I need from all of YOU!!! Ryan and I will be married TEN...ya...10 years in October...and there's been some talk about maybe doing something nice for our anniversary!?!?! Nothing for sure, but enough to get me motivated even more to lose the weight!! 
You all know I've had my 3 babies in the last 4 years...so now Klous is 4, Aysha is 2, and Kyson just turned 1. They're all to a stage...somewhat...that I can do things I want while they play and entertain themselves!! They don't all completely rely on me!!! So I figured it's about time I try and focus more on myself!!! I've been pretty down and depressed the last while, and I know a big part of it is my size, health, weight, and the way I see myself. I need to improve on these things, so I can be happier, but also healthier and be here for my hubby and kiddos!!!
So please be there for me...please help me...please encourage me. I'll be improving this blog in the next couple days...but I had to get it started...please feel free to leave comments...exercise with me...leave ideas for eating better, and still being able to enjoy the "YUMMY" stuff!?!?! 
Thank you all for caring and being such great people!! You're all amazing to me and I love you for who you are!!!

6 comments:

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Yay!! This is awesome and it makes me excited to start posting on mine too! We will be there for each other every step of the way on our "Get Healthy Journeys" Love ya tons!

Marilyn H said...

Beckers!!!! First, you are beautiful though you may not realize it and you have a great personality. I am starting to walk with my sisters and hope to last and lose some much needed weight myself. I too suffer from depression as you are aware and at the hospital one thing they really try to get people to do is exercise. Terry will tell you the best exercise is walking and if you want to do more then start out slow and work up. Don't completely deny yourself of the foods you love but limit them and their amounts. If you aren't losing the weight you want, remember that you are still toning those muscles and improving your body and health. Muscle also weighs MORE than fat!!! Terry says not to be getting on a scale every day....may be every other week? Will wait for your next blog (that's what its called, right?) Love ya!

AnnaMarie said...

Becki! This is great having a blog to keep track. I started a new exercise program. It's going to be a little bit before our next baby, so I really want to get in shape before then. Lose the lovely baby belly. :) Here are some of my thoughts:

(1) Focus your diet on fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat as many of those as you can. It's math, calories in and calories out. And it's way easier putting calories in.

(2) Have some sort of exercise you can do at home. DVDs, machine, weights, etc. so if your kids are sick or you can't get to the gym, you don't completely miss your workout. You can always find exercise videos on YouTube or Hulu, even.

(3) I find that when I get a good sweat up, my chocolate cravings disappear. Weird.

(4) Keep a food diary. This is simple and it works. No one wants to write "12 Oreos" I think that calorie counters are hard to use, personally, but you can find good ones online that you can log in and keep track. For me, it's enough to see on paper if I've actually had a "good" day or not.

(5) Don't weigh yourself very often if at all. It's a number, and the reason you're doing this is for how you FEEL!

Good luck, girl!

Amber said...

I do not have ANY great weight loss advice for you...BUT, I am herre for you 100% I think you are beautiful and your laugh and smile is what I see/hear. You are great and i think SO much of you and our friendship. I wont go to the rec with you...but I will go get a coke...or water...lol ANYTIME!! You are great and GOOD LUCK!!!
I LOVE YOU ! Amber

Wendy said...

How exciting, Becki!! I'm working on things, too. Blogging about it is a great idea! I've really enjoyed hanging out with you at play group & such lately--I think you're great!!

Unknown said...

Just so you know...I think you are such a beautiful woman (outside and in!) I'm SURE that Ryan thinks you are just as beautiful now as he did when you were first married...and maybe even more so! Don't forget that! ;)