Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ryan's Birthday...and I did GOOD!!!

So I'm finally writing for yesterday...I got a message from a friend who "hadn't head from me today"...and it was such a good reminder...and so nice to know that people are thinking of me and wondering how I'm doing...so thank you!!! (You know who you are) :) :) :)
Anyways...yesterday was Ryan's birthday...he took the day off and we just hung out as a family...and saw other family members too!! It was a good day...we went out to lunch with just us and the kids...and then to dinner with his siblings...
I was nervous and didn't want to OVER eat...but wanted to enjoy a meal with my hubby...so fo lunch we went to Tucanos...it's a Brazillian restaurant...and I did SO good...if I do say so myself!! They have a buffet thing with salad bar, pasta salads, steamed veggies, mashed potatoes, fried food, breads...and then they have servers walking around with 12 different kinds of meats and grilled pineapple. A LOT of food...BUT...I had 2 decent sized salads...some steamed veggies...a small helping of mashed potatoes (cuz Ryan said they were yummy)...and some of the meats they brought around. It was SO good...the salads were delicious!! The meats were too sweet at times...and the veggies were YUMMY!!! Then they brought Ryan's free ice cream sundae...he had a bite and I had a bite...the kids shared the rest!! I'm so glad to have someone right there to help me and encourage me!! Thank you babe!!! I was proud of myself for not over-eating...and eating pretty dang healthy!!
Then for dinner...we went to Sizzler...I got the salad bar there with Malibu Chicken...didn't eat the chicken, cuz we were just going to bring that home for left overs. So another couple decent salads...a small taco salad...a small helping of pudding...and then I splurged and had a small brownie with vanilla ice cream. Ahhhhhhhhhh...I was pretty pleased with myself!!
Ok...enough bragging...but I had to post and let you all know that I felt like I actually made good choices...and that I'm starting to believe I can do this!! I just need to have healthy, good, easy things available in my house to grab or make when I'm hungry!!!
Yay for me!!!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Woohoo!!

Congratulations!!

AnnaMarie said...

Yay for you!

Amber said...

Im glad you have friends that check on you! It is nice to know your cared about! Love you lots...

Marilyn H said...

YAY! good to hear positive from you! Just remember there may be bumps in the road your on but thats all they are is bumps. Keep up the positive and give yourself credit for the things you accomplish each day. Hang in there!!!!!!!! Love ya

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

I am very proud of you!! We are both making good choices and it will start to show very soon! Way to go, and even though I wasn't the friend who reminded you to write, I'm glad they did because I am further inspired by what you are writing and the comments you get. Love ya!

Kathleen said...

Becki, this is Kathleen who used to live across the street from your in-laws. I am very, very proud of you. You are taking action that in the end will not only produce better physical health but will also make you stronger in every way. You are awesome! I applaud everyone who bravely shares their current situation with those who love and support them. It gives friends and family the opportunity to show how deep their love and friendship really are. You are inspirational! Keep up the good work!