Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Struggling...

So here I find out that I might have Mono...so I slept a LOT this last weekend...no Mono...but have an UNBEARABLE pain in my thumb. I can't move it...ya...do you all realize how much your thumb really does?!?!?! A LOT...

do up your bra...pull up your pants...button your pants...zip up your jacket...PICK UP YOUR KIDS...change diapers...take off bottle & sippy cup lids...hold the steering wheel of the van...open doors...wash your hair...EVERYTHING...I can't believe it...

I had to know what it was...so I got into the Dr this afternoon...he is the Sports Medicine Dr for BYU Athletics...so I told him right off...I am NOT a BYU football or basketball player...so don't think you're just gonna pop it back into place. He was surprised how much pain I was in...and that I really couldn't move it...he tried testing my resistance and seeing how I could bend it...Oh wait...I CAN'T...so he told me what it was...
De Quervain's Tenosynovitis

Ya...whatever that is huh!!! It's basically an inflamed tendon that runs down your thumb to your wrist...and it HURTS...he put me in a splint and said if it doesn't start feeling better in a week then I'll need a cortisone shot and I'll feel good as knew?!?!? So here we go...OUCH...I couldn't believe how painful it was for him to touch it...put the splint on...and do the resistance things...I was hurting so much...I was sick to my stomach...shakey legs...and almost passed out. It was terrible...

This isn't the worst part...I can't take care of myself...OR my kids :( I am so beyond frustrated and have shed a LOT of tears...It's just not fair. Why when I try to take care of myself and do GOOD things...EVERYTHING hits me and knocks me down!?!? I couldn't even put my hand on my waist last night at Zumba...it just hurt?!?!? UGH...UGH...UGH... I"m so annoyed...my poor kids can't touch me without me freaking out if they get too close...and it just sucks...

I'm struggling...I need help...lift-me-ups...or SOMETHING?!?!? I'm not really having any positive thoughts or feelings about any of this CRAP... :(

(now that it took 28 minutes to type this...UGH...)

9 comments:

Shauna said...

Becki, you are amazing! You are working so hard to improve things for you and your family and you're doing a GREAT JOB! Try to remember this is only a brief moment in the grand scheme of it all. I love you and look up to you in so many ways. If I can help with anything, please let me know.

AnnaMarie said...

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

You are tough! You can take it, and you can make it great!

Wendy said...

Ditto to what they said! I'm sending you a longer note on fb. Hang in there, strong girl. You can get through this one, too.

Party of Five said...

Becki, you are so strong! i know you are in pain, but you push through and you are an inspiration to so many people! Love ya!

Karla said...

Pull up those big girl panties and go! lol Don't let this slow you down, just take a breather with this and let it feel better and then keep going. You are doing great things, you are inspiring so many (me included)! Keep it up! Go Becki go, go Becki go! "And will you succeed? Yes you will indeed, 98 3/4 percent guarenteed, kid you'll move mountains!" from Dr. Suess

The Nixon's said...

Becki, God doesn't put us through anything we can't handle. He knows your strengths and weaknesses. You can conquer this little hiccup ONE-HANDED, YOU GO GIRL!!

Mike and Jana Black said...

God gives us trials so we can see his miracles in our lives. Look around you and see what good has come from your trials. You can always find something.

Marie said...

Thumbs are what separate us from animals. If you can't use your thumb, you are just temporarily more animalistic :)

breckster said...

Tell yourself, "well at least it wasn't cancer," when you start to mumble. That way you can still complain but count your blessings at the same time.