Friday, January 21, 2011

Thoughts...feelings...

So it's been a few days...and I've been thinking the last little while.

Last weekend I got in touch on Facebook with a guy I used to work with in Hudson, WI when we first got married. He was a good guy!! Made work fun and interesting...and always had to make comments about me being Mormon...or Amish...or whatever religion I was. He didn't know the difference. Then...when Ryan & I decided to move to Utah...he always made comments about me running into Donny & Marie for him...you know all the silly comments people make that don't really know much about our religion!! :) :) :)
Anyways...that's not what this post is about...I got in touch with him again...and he's made a LOT of changes in his life...one being losing weight, getting in shape, and changing his diet. I was inspired...it's been a few years for him now...but seeing what he can do now just AMAZES me. The workouts he's posted are insane...and are unimaginable to me. No way would I be able to do them at this point at least. 
I said something to that affect to him on his posts...and he told me when he started he couldn't do much either...but now look at him. He has encouraged me and given me some pointers and advice as to how to keep going. 
On his wall in the posts...(and I hope he's okay with me posting this)...he's got big, bold letters that say....

DECIDE...COMMIT...SUCCEED

I've thought about those words the last couple days. I think it's funny how I've gone 9+ years of marriage...and longer in my life...just eating whatever...buying new clothes when the ones I have get too small & tight...getting heavier and heavier...and more and more unhappy with myself. All of a sudden I've hit a point that I'm DONE...I'm done being this way...I'm done living this lifestyle...and I'm GOING to make the changes needed. For me and for my family...
Now that I've hit this point...I have gone in completely...gotten rid of the CRAP in my cupboards...purchased healthier foods and snacks for my family...made an exercise commitment...and am finding out that things ARE changing!! I am going to keep going...I am going to succeed even more...I WILL reach my goal!!!
But now I want to be there and help others too. I want to be an example and help to others!! So if any of you that read this want to join me on this journey...and really want to commit...let's do it!! WE CAN CHANGE...WE CAN SUCCEED...and WE WILL BE HAPPY!!! No better time to start then now right!! 

Thank you Eric for being an inspiration to me...for encouraging and being an example!!! You amaze me!!! 

5 comments:

Mike and Jana Black said...

I am so in...I've hit a road block with my weight loss. I've still got 20 or so lbs to go and I'm losing my motivation. So I'm with you girl.

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

That is so awesome about your friend. It is great to see that people can do this, and remind ourselves that we can do it too. I love those words together, I think i am going to post that in my kitchen! You already know I am in with you 150%!! Love ya!

Shelly said...

You rock. See Becki Go. And go. And Go. And go. You have a great attitude.

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, I love this post, Becki. This is the attitude you need to succeed! You'll be doing a marathon in no time.

Wendy said...

I'm in, too! Time to get healthy!! Seriously, your enthusiasm is contagious!